Unpik ssi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unpik ssi

One of my prized possessions, a UNPIK SSI which I believe by its' construction was made in Vietnam for a veteran to be used as a combat patch for his uniform.

It is one of the most beautiful made patches that I have seen. The workmanship is superb.
    Attached Files

Wow!!

Comment

One of my prized possessions, a UNPIK SSI which I believe by its' construction was made in Vietnam for a veteran to be used as a combat patch for his uniform.

After further research I have to admit that the identification of this patch in INCORRECT, and I would like to revise my statement.

After researching this patch I have determined that it is a period patch that was ordered and made in Japan in 1952. It is one of five that were made in a little shop in Tokyo, and I have the provenance of who ordered it.

I have been conducting research on the UNPIK and by chance saw a picture of his patch. I was able to contact him and obtain details on its' manufacture, and compare the two together. It is a very early patch and was made based on a design that was in color that was sent to him from Headquarters.

If anyone has any UNPIK items that they would be interested in parting with please contact me.
      Last edited by D. Michael Kim; 02-18-2014, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X