Rare UNPIK Patch 8 IGR Lt. Fred Speidel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rare UNPIK Patch 8 IGR Lt. Fred Speidel

Rare UNPIK Patch 8th Independent Guerilla Regiment Lt. Fred Speidel (Wolfpack)...Lt. Speidel and one other American ran an operation of 500-600 South Korean forces as guerillas against the North Koreans...For island and shore raids he said they used some rather crappy looking junk boats outfitted with Chrysler engines and apparently fast as hell and highly armed...Note the UNPIK badge on the Korean's cap...These patches had a loop on the top and were worn pinned to the shirt...Only one I know of and this was his only patch. Ed
    Attached Files

Very interesting, esp with that Cav/Infantry insignia

Comment

Impressive item.
      In any war the small-unit, locally made pieces are always the scarcest.

Comment

ED - Very interesting on what you said in your post...thanks for posting.
        Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did. Quote - Sophie Scholl - White Rose resistance group

Comment

Very interesting for sure!.... ironically i have a helmet belonging to an 82nd officer that was also with UNPICK during Korea, i really dont know anything about this subject!!.....mike

Comment

Great patch and pics!! Thanks for posting these!

Matt

Comment

Very nice insignia. I can imagine the rarety of this piece. Thanks for sharing. Mike

Comment

Ed, are there anymore photos in this group? I would love to see them if there is.

Thanks,

Matt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X