187th RCT HQ M1C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

187th RCT HQ M1C

I picked this up at the SOS...its my holy grail of KW helmets, still cant believe i scored it!!!....the late WWII Westinghouse para liner is practically unissued and the 5 hole web chincup looks unissued as well, i think the liner may have been his back up liner...the guy i bought this from scored it out of the woodwork the night before along with the paratroopers two side caps, one had the camo chute lining, he wouldnt part with them but i managed to get this awesome helmet!!....mike
    Attached Files

Nice find.

Comment

Very nice one!
      Good meeting you too!
      http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys!....yes it was great meeting you too and what a show!!....thanks....mike

Comment

Bonjour Mike,

Nice find! The color of the canopy on the helmet sides is alaways a question without a clear answer.

I exchanged many letters with Rakkasans veterans since few years and, according to themthe canopies were white, yellow and even one wrote me orange.

I know how it's could be difficult to remember a such detail, more than 50 years later...

By the way, that's a great helmet!

Is it named? I have 187th yearbooks....

Cheers

Valery

Comment

Thanks Valery, sadly there is no name in the helmet or liner and the seller had two of the paras caps but only one had just a laundry mark and thats it....ive seen a few other examples all with white insignia and i know of another with yellow insignia but im not sure if that one is totally original....will post some more detailed pics real soon....thanks.....mike

Comment

Awesome helmet!! Congrats!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X