Ethiopians in the Korean War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many countries fought alongside the US in the Korean War, including: Commonwealth nations, Belgium (with Luxembourg attached), Colombia, France, Greece, Thailand, Turkey, the Philippines, South Africa, and Ethiopia.

My interest in terms of collecting militaria is East Africa - mainly Ethiopia. So I wanted to share a photo of my humble Ethiopian Korean War collection. I will display these historical treasures in a properly display one day... I promise

While the Korean War has been relegated to a historical footnote in the US, I don't know much about how some of the other nations see their involvement in the war. For instance, I don't know if Colombian veterans were/are given any recognition in light of the challenges the Colombian people have faced since the 1960s. I wouldn't think they got any recognition since the population was too busy getting ravaged by Marxist guerillas and narco-terrorists alike. What about the Thai or the Filipinos? The Ethiopians were mistreated by the Marxists who succeeded the imperial government. It was only very recently they started receiving some recognition.
    Attached Files

Hello!

This is quite a collection!

You mentioned the Marxist government that ruled Ethiopia after they deposed and killed the emperor. I wonder if any Korea veterans were still in the army at this time, or during the attempted Somali invasion of 1977 (Ogaden War).

A fascinating topic!

George

Comment

I strongly think that such stuff is much more rare than some german militaria or anything else from WW2
      Great Field! Many compliments!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X