The Passing of John Egger....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Passing of John Egger....

It is with sadness that I announce today the passing of long-time collector, John Egger. John was seen at many popular antique militaria shows throughout the years and will be missed for his enthusiasm for our hobby and for his willingness to share his vast general knowledge with just about everyone. John was a proud Marine, wonderful husband and loyal friend. I will miss him greatly......

MikeB

This has taken me by surprise. I just had a very nice email exchange with him on the 9th. Very sad to hear this. My sympathies to his family.
    Regards, Scott

Comment

This is terrible news, my sincere sympathies to his family.What happened? I just saw him this past Saturday at the Allentown show.
      Tom

Comment

So sorry to hear this. I was looking forward to chatting with him at the SOS. My condolences to his family.

Tom

Comment

The Passing of John Egger.....

John was feeling unwell last night following a game of hockey. He was a rabid hockey player and excited to play weekly with many guys half his age. Later in the evening he went to the hospital complaining of pain and passed from a heart attack.

MikeB

Comment

Mike- Thanks for the phone call today.

Have been in shock since I heard it.

Feeling a bit gutted right now.

John was a good friend and I know I will miss him a lot.

Bob
            "Militaria shows are a social event for anti-social people"--A.T. 2008

ASMIC Executive President

Comment

Truly a stunning shock. I too spent time just this past weekend talking with him at the Allentown show.
              His smiling bantering and sharing of knowledge will be greatly missed.
              RIP friend.

Comment

John was my best friend, mentor and my second father, things will never be the same without him.

Comment

Condolences to the family and those of you who were his friend.

-- Guy

Comment

Originally posted by Dean Brock View Post
                    John was my best friend, mentor and my second father, things will never be the same without him.
                    Dean- On the World Militaria Forum we just renamed the whole Japanese section after John.
                    "Militaria shows are a social event for anti-social people"--A.T. 2008

ASMIC Executive President

Comment

This is very sad news. I just saw him at Allentown last weekend, and have seen him at numerous shows for decades. He lived in the town next to where I was raised. Though we collected different things, it was always a pleasure to chat with him. I will miss him.

My most sincere condolences to his family and friends.
                      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

John was a pioneering collector of Japanese headgear & the go to expert. I valued his opinion. We didn't always agree but we always respected each others theories. We recently traded & felt honored to have something so rare now in my collection as its caretaker. He will be deeply missed in the collecting community. Hopefully someone can take up the torch & finish his book. Condolences to his family

Comment

I am so very sad to hear this news. I have always considered John a dear friend that I have never actually met in person. We corresponded frequently and had many, many, light hearted exchanges. I loved his sense of humour! His passion for ice hockey, Halloween, and the hobby were often topics of conversation. I have several items in my collection that came from John, they will always be treasured. This is a shock. Most sincere condolences to the family and friends.
                          Regards from NZ
                          Russ

Comment

Bob what an awesome tribute to him!

Comment

A real shock and sad. Codolences to his family.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X