Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pilot flight boots

Hello everyone,

Can you give me your opinion on this pair of boots that seem to me to be pilot flight boots.
    The size marking is on the leather and the interior is padded with fur.
    It is possible that the soles have been modified because I think they must have rubber below normally, what do you think?

Thanks for your help.

Imo resoled after war for use

Comment

Common Army pilots boots, would display well on a mannequin but missing the correct soles - wouldn't pay a whole lot for them

Comment

Thank you for your answers !

Best regards

Comment

Here is what the soles of the IJA pilots boots should look like. When first made they were soft and the soles performed like suction cups as the pilot walked across wings, inside the airplanes, etc. Of all the pilots boots (winter or summer) I have ever had only one had soles that were still soft - all the others had hardened to be solid with age
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for these explanations beretta.

So, would you give me an estimate for this pair of boots despite the rubber missing on the soles ?
            I have seen complete ones in good condition sell for more than $ 1000

Thanks for your help.

Comment

I've never seen army flight boots sell for anywhere that much! Maybe in Japan but not in USA & not on eBay !

Comment

Originally posted by Remka View Post
                Hello,

Thank you for these explanations beretta.

So, would you give me an estimate for this pair of boots despite the rubber missing on the soles ?
                I have seen complete ones in good condition sell for more than $ 1000

Thanks for your help.

Here are the 3 pairs sold in just the past week on Ebay! There is no reason to panic and buy a crappy pair - unless you collect crap

The "X"d out pairs have wrong soles and people were foolish to pay so much. Wait for a real, correct pair - or offer $50 and see if you can get them so cheap it doesn't matter
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your help and for the estimates.

Here is an example of sold boots that I had seen : https://www.germanmilitaria.com/Japa...s/J004179.html

Best regards

Comment

That's an anomaly & it's grossly overpriced. He is one of the highest priced dealers. Many times the final, actual price is negotiated way down but the asking price doesn't show that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jareth View Post
                      That's an anomaly & it's grossly overpriced. He is one of the highest priced dealers. Many times the final, actual price is negotiated way down but the asking price doesn't show that.

+1 Thats a complete outlier as a value reference point.

Use something like Ebay as a reference for prices realized (although not perfect - its the best starting point we have). Also, these are the most common Japanese pilots boots to find. IMO just be patient and search daily till you find some complete ones.

Comment

These boots are mine and I wanted an estimation to sell them.

So I'm going to trust the similar boots that have recently sold on ebay. Because despite that there is no rubber sole, I doubt that it will lose more than 90% of its value and that it is worth $ 50.
                        To complete a mannequin this pair of boots will be fine.

Thanks for your help,
                        Best regards

Comment

My friend is selling a pair like yours for 250 euro.

Regards

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X