Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Identifying Image

Hello all!
    I am going through the photos of my late friend's collection and came across this image. Since it is completely out of my collecting field, I thought someone here might be able to identify the subject matter. The photo itself appears to have been printed/mounted on some sort of thick card stock and to have come from a photo album?
    Any help would be appreciated!
    TIA,
    Bob Edwards
    Attached Files

Austrian, based on the scoops in his pocket flaps and the cockade on his hat.

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks for the help. Sorry for stereotyping, but he looked somewhat oriental to me.
      Regards,
      Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Panzer Bob View Post
        Thanks for the help. Sorry for stereotyping, but he looked somewhat oriental to me.
        Regards,
        Bob
        Well, if he is Hungarian (at that time Austria-Hungary), he could have Asian features. The Mongols visited that area and left a lot of souveniers of their visit. Then there was Attila who was (scholars think) possibly a blend of Turk/Mongol/Urgian.

I had a friend who was a 2nd generation Hungarian and she had almond eyes. That was the story she gave me when I remarked on her "Asian" features.

Cheers,
        -- Guy

Comment

To me this guy looks Japanese?
          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X