Japanese Officer Pistol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese Officer Pistol

I am interested in selling this item which I will post here shortly, but can anyone tell me the laws that apply to ship this item to someone?

So I need to go to a licensed firearm dealer to do so?

Thanks in advance.

AZ
    Attached Files
    Last edited by AZartman; 10-17-2019, 02:39 PM. Reason: add photo

How to sell - Individual to Individual

So first off you can't do it from exact this forum location - you'd have to go to the Estand portion of WAF (but only members can post a For Sale add there - anyone can buy)
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...splay.php?f=51

How to do an Individual to Individual firearms sale and transfer

It's really not hard. So all shipping has to be done to a FFL dealer in the purchasers state (he finds that person). Some states require that the sender also goes to a local FFL and ships from FFL-to-FFL dealer. You can google that and find out if that applies to you in your state. Also Just make a blanket statement:

"No sales to States where this weapon is NOT legal to own. NO sales to California! It is the responsibility of the Buyer alone to know the gun laws in their state and region. NO Refund given for Buyers breaking any state or Federal Laws which result in a failed/rejected FFL transfer at their end" That will put the fear of God into them!

If you don't have to ship from FFL-to-FFL then you simply agree on a price, payment method, and shipping method and cost. The Purchaser sends money and a copy of the FFL dealers license to you (that can be faxed, emailed or physically mailed - it's a one page doc)). The FFL must be valid (its expiration is in the document). If you feel any weirdness about the FFL copy you can find out if it's real by googling the FFL #. You only mail the firearm to the EXACT ADDRESS AS IT APPEARS ON THE FFL. If you send it anywhere else YOU can be held liable. Got it? That's the KEY THING!

In the shipping box you put the firearm, another copy of the FFL with the Buyers name, a short description of the firearm and your name and phone number written on it. You must also include a readable photocopy of your state drivers license. Why a copy of your ID? Because all firearms are a "FROM X" - "TO Y" transaction and he needs that to complete the transfer forms on his end. In theory, it also takes the weapon out of your ownership and into the new owners - so if he goes out and robs Fort Knox with a 100 year old revolver - the ser#s won't lead back to you :-)

Package should be tracked and require an Adult signature to release. You DO NOT have to tell anyone what is in the package for it to be a legal shipment! If they ask i say "antique car engine parts". I like to ship all pistols overnight and I use USPS Priority Express. I ship all long guns thru UPS but I have to go the Main UPS HUB and it's a pain from where I live.

This process happens 1K's of times a day nationwide so don't sweat it - if you have questions then hop on a forum and ask.

I tell the BUYER to look over the firearm from A-Z at the FFL dealers before doing the paperwork and if they have any issues contact me right then, BEFORE THE TRANSFER, leave it there if they have to while we converse - because once it's transferred into their name the deal is done! Period. No exchanges, no 2nd thoughts, its finished. If it's already transferred then it too late to RETURN. but other possible issues like hidden blemishes, scratches, condition, etc can still be worked out between buyer and seller.

I could give you a dozen caveats about high cap mags, blah, blah but they don't apply so hopefully we can keep this simple and for your item in particular
    Last edited by beretta1934; 10-17-2019, 08:01 PM.

Comment

I'd like to add that ONLY FFLs can ship thru the USPS.

Comment

If this model 93 was made before 1898 would t it be classed as an antique?

Comment

Originally posted by nickn View Post
          If this model 93 was made before 1898 would t it be classed as an antique?
          C&R eligible - but still a firearm

Comment

This isn't an officer's pistol. It's a type 26 revolver

Comment

Originally posted by Jareth View Post
              This isn't an officer's pistol. It's a type 26 revolver
              Used by officers and enlisted men. For some years it was the only military handgun they made.

Comment

Originally posted by beretta1934 View Post
                C&R eligible - but still a firearm
                Even if it was made before 1898?

Comment

thank you

thanks for taking the time to share this information with me. much appreciated.

Originally posted by beretta1934 View Post
                  So first off you can't do it from exact this forum location - you'd have to go to the Estand portion of WAF (but only members can post a For Sale add there - anyone can buy)
                  http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...splay.php?f=51

How to do an Individual to Individual firearms sale and transfer

It's really not hard. So all shipping has to be done to a FFL dealer in the purchasers state (he finds that person). Some states require that the sender also goes to a local FFL and ships from FFL-to-FFL dealer. You can google that and find out if that applies to you in your state. Also Just make a blanket statement:

"No sales to States where this weapon is NOT legal to own. NO sales to California! It is the responsibility of the Buyer alone to know the gun laws in their state and region. NO Refund given for Buyers breaking any state or Federal Laws which result in a failed/rejected FFL transfer at their end" That will put the fear of God into them!

If you don't have to ship from FFL-to-FFL then you simply agree on a price, payment method, and shipping method and cost. The Purchaser sends money and a copy of the FFL dealers license to you (that can be faxed, emailed or physically mailed - it's a one page doc)). The FFL must be valid (its expiration is in the document). If you feel any weirdness about the FFL copy you can find out if it's real by googling the FFL #. You only mail the firearm to the EXACT ADDRESS AS IT APPEARS ON THE FFL. If you send it anywhere else YOU can be held liable. Got it? That's the KEY THING!

In the shipping box you put the firearm, another copy of the FFL with the Buyers name, a short description of the firearm and your name and phone number written on it. You must also include a readable photocopy of your state drivers license. Why a copy of your ID? Because all firearms are a "FROM X" - "TO Y" transaction and he needs that to complete the transfer forms on his end. In theory, it also takes the weapon out of your ownership and into the new owners - so if he goes out and robs Fort Knox with a 100 year old revolver - the ser#s won't lead back to you :-)

Package should be tracked and require an Adult signature to release. You DO NOT have to tell anyone what is in the package for it to be a legal shipment! If they ask i say "antique car engine parts". I like to ship all pistols overnight and I use USPS Priority Express. I ship all long guns thru UPS but I have to go the Main UPS HUB and it's a pain from where I live.

This process happens 1K's of times a day nationwide so don't sweat it - if you have questions then hop on a forum and ask.

I tell the BUYER to look over the firearm from A-Z at the FFL dealers before doing the paperwork and if they have any issues contact me right then, BEFORE THE TRANSFER, leave it there if they have to while we converse - because once it's transferred into their name the deal is done! Period. No exchanges, no 2nd thoughts, its finished. If it's already transferred then it too late to RETURN. but other possible issues like hidden blemishes, scratches, condition, etc can still be worked out between buyer and seller.

I could give you a dozen caveats about high cap mags, blah, blah but they don't apply so hopefully we can keep this simple and for your item in particular

Comment

Item now listed on estand

Thanks for looking.

Comment

Originally posted by nickn View Post
                      Even if it was made before 1898?
                      If it’s pre 1898 and an obsolete ammo does not require ffl.

Comment

That’s what I thought

Comment

Looking for one of them.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X