Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navy/marine Arisaka rifle - help with markings

Been offered this Arisaka rifle but would love some
    Info on the markings. I can’t find anything on the web but looks like a navy marking. Any idea what the kanji says on the stock ?

Yours
    Dean and Leo

Originally posted by Leo2018 View Post
    Been offered this Arisaka rifle but would love some
    Info on the markings. I can’t find anything on the web but looks like a navy marking. Any idea what the kanji says on the stock ?

Yours
    Dean and Leo
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Leo2018 View Post
      More kanji
      Attached Files

Comment

Navy Trainer, should have a smooth bore barrel. Kanji on stock designates that too. Jareth will come along soon and fill in more details. Nice item because it has the anchor stamp over the breech but NOT a Navy Special or any other high value naval rifle

Comment

(教)
          Teach/Instruct

*包ヲ禁ス
          * is forbidden

I’m on an iPhone so resources are limited. I cannot make out that missing kanji, but I’ve translated the same type of brand about a year or two before; I recall it said “Live rounds forbidden to be loaded” ... or words to that effect.

— Guy

Comment

Thankyou so much to all who have helped on this subject

Yours
            Dean

Comment

Type 38 trainer. It is nice having the naval markings and I have not owned a trainer like that. It would be one I would have wanted for my collection. How much are they asking for it?

Comment

Originally posted by hatleyj View Post
                Type 38 trainer. It is nice having the naval markings and I have not owned a trainer like that. It would be one I would have wanted for my collection. How much are they asking for it?

$1200 is the asking price, is that good or bad

Yours
                Dean

Comment

1200 seems quite a bit much for a trainer, even the naval marked ones. If prices have been the same, I think most have been for 500, maybe a bit more max?

Perhaps the seller is unaware of it being one, and thinks it is a working naval marked rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by Death-Ace View Post
                    1200 seems quite a bit much for a trainer, even the naval marked ones. If prices have been the same, I think most have been for 500, maybe a bit more max?

Perhaps the seller is unaware of it being one, and thinks it is a working naval marked rifle.
                    +1 Way too high. Would think $425-$475 over here but if he's 2.5X that there's little chance he'd come down that much. Trainers are NOT a good investment - but if owning a real rifle cause lots of grief in your country then you might not have many other options and it might be an OK investment to pickup just one

Comment

500 max for this rifle. The most I have ever paid for a Type 38 training rifle was 300 and it came with a training bayonet and scabbard. Now that I think about it I might not even go 400 for it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X