• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The MAX Show

How was it? Any awesome finds?

Tom

MAX Show

Hi Tom-
    I just returned from the MAX Show and would be happy to share with you what I saw as I walked around the tables. There did not seem to be very many tables selling Japanese items this year. There were few senninbari and some good luck flags. The nice flags out there were expensive, while the average ones were priced rather high as well. For those who collect ordnance, there were some very nice large mortar rounds as well as a fair number of the smaller ones. Samurai swords, both old and newer blades were available, although not in large quantities as seen in the past. Few dealers had navy helmets, although there were a couple available for sale. One seller brought a navy and an army para helmet. Those were probably the highlights of the show as far as I'm concerned; they did not sell. There seemed to be a fair number of army helmets, some with good stars, some with bad. I also saw one or two complete army sets for sale (helmet, cover and net). Interestingly, there were 3 KMT style German helmets for sale. Those sold for serious money. It seems that these have caught on a bit with collectors and the prices show a rising interest. I did not see much in the way of paperwork or techo, although a friend of ours picked up one for a song. After looking it over, the last few entries put the soldier on Iwo Jima! I saw few uniforms, a few off-to-war banners and 1 or 2 parachutes available; one packed and one not. Many people were looking forward to the show in York next year. That should be interesting, as I hear that the venue is much nicer than in Monroeville. We will have to see.......Best,

MikeB

Comment

Thank you, Mike, I appreciate it. Already angling for the Iwo techou!

Tom

Comment

Thanks Mike for the update...very much appreciated

David.

Comment

MAX Show

Tom and David-
          You are welcome- it was my pleasure. I wish that there was more to report but it seems to be a growing consensus that we are starting to face diminishing returns when it comes to the volume of top notch items. I'm sure that there will be terrific things available out there from time to time but not in the quantities that we have become used to seeing in the past. Tom: Glad to hear that you are following up on the techo. Please keep me posted.....

MikeB

Comment

Thanks for your report Mike, appreciated!

One of these days I’ll make it over there - it’s on the to-do list!

Cheers from NZ

Russ

Comment

MAX Show

Russ-
              Be sure to look me up if you make it to the West Coast. Take care....

MikeB

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X