Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese officer cap to identify

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know what type of cap it is? If yes could you help me identify him and give me informations please?

Thanks for your help.

Imo Military police periode 1911 privately made cap

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your help. I not find a similar one on google. Do you have any idea of ​​its value?

The grade is that of captain?

Regards.

Comment

captain is correct.
        for the value i can't help but personally i wouldn't spend big money.
        Regards

Comment

While doing some research, it seems that the cap does not quite correspond with the military police / Gendarmerie, but I did not find any illustration of the uniform in 1911.
          Can be the cavalry of the Imperial Guard? But the shape looks different.

Also, if it is a cap dress, there is no hole in the front piece to put a feather plume.

What do you think ?

Best regards.

Comment

When I first saw the cap I thought it police because of the type of sunburst. However, something was familiar, so I checked Nick Komiya's posts.

The sunburst badge is from the 1909 regulations, so it *is* army.

The hat is probably Imperial Guards due to the red band. I cannot read the cyrillic within the painting attached below, but it came from this link, titled "Soldiers of the Russian and Japanese armies in the Russo-Japanese war of 1904–05 (Andrey Karashchuk)." On the blog they call it "Japanese Army in the Russo-Japanese War - Military uniforms of the initial period of the war."

--Guy
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X