Information On Japanese Rifle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Information On Japanese Rifle.

I have a Japanese type 99 rifle. I was wondering what factors are taken into consideration in determining that a rifle is "all matching."

Number on bolt root should match last digits of serial number on side of receiver. If rifle has sliding dust cover there's a number on curved back edge.

Comment

Rifle

And on bayonet lug

Comment

Checked!

I Looked at the bayonet lug and I could not find any number. The bolt and serial numbers match up. The dust cover has a different number. Do all matching rifles have a number on the bayonet lug?

Comment

It depends on when the rifle was made. Post some pictures. Some rifle bolts were matched by an assembly number on the bottom of the receiver. I have had 99 long rifles and short matched to an assembly number. It depends on the series also. A 12th series rope hole is going to be more than most. There are too many factors that come into play without seeing pictures of knowing the series.

Comment

Pictures

I know nothing about Japanese rifles . So maybe you guys might know the manufacturer and series of this rifle! On the bolt is 829, even though it does not look like in my picture!
            Attached Files

Comment

Rifle

Looks like a tenth series Toyo kogyo or Tokyo Juki Kogyo manufacturer need better shot or sketch of marking to the right of the stacked cannon balls mark

Comment

More Pictures

Here are some pictures of the number on the side of the rifle.
                Attached Files

Comment

It's a Kokura 20th series....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X