Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese Police in Korea Boards

Hello,

Pictured below are two pair of boards as worn by members of the Japanese police assigned to occupied Korea. Shown are two variants. The top pair has a non-metallic silk braid in a pattern NOT typically seen on Japanese police insignia. I suspect that they are in fact Korean made.

The bottom pair have the typically seen metallic braid, and are representative of Japanese manufacture.

The second photo demonstrates the difference between occupied Korea Police boards and those used by civil police officers in Japan itself. The occupation insignia have pointed tops while the domestic boards have a rounded or squared off top.

I have found NO information about exactly who worked in Korea as civil police officers. Whether they were reassigned domestic policemen, reassigned military personnel, or locally hired, I have no clue. I doubt the third option as the Japanese, even to this day, restrict government official positions to natural born citizens. It is against Japanese law for any "foreigner" to have authority over any Japanese citizen. Consequently, even naturalized citizens may not be police or fire officers here in Japan.

Regards,
    William Unland
    Attached Files

Almost had a pair of naval police boards

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X