Shin Gunto Sword, Help Needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BruceP View Post
    Assuming we’re right about this, it’s the vets who were taken originally. There was quite a souvenir market running right after the war. Many of them even used real fittings pieced together with newly made souvenir pieces. There is a famous sword that collectors commonly call the NLF (Navy Landing Forces) sword that mystified us for decades until we recently found evidence showing them to be post war products sold BY THE ARMY PX! So don’t feel too badly. It’s a very nice decorative piece at least.

As mentioned at the beginning of my thread i opened this up for members comments as the condition had me having doubts. Today was the first time i actually took off the handle to see what was on the tang, that took me 20 minutes
    Bruce, i would like to thank you! Your replies to my thread have been detailed and helpfull And yes indeed its at least decorative Pete.

Comment

Pete
      I didn’t mean to offend
      The fittings look like the ones used on a shin gunto copy worldwide arms sold a few years back
      I don’t believe this is one of the souvenir made by us troops
      Nick

Comment

Can’t you take it back?

Comment

Originally posted by nickn View Post
          Can’t you take it back?

Nick, as it was brought in to my shop and I'm a miltaria dealer then I'm going to have to take this one on the chin fella

Comment

Damn
            I hope you didn’t pay too much

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X