Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP!- with sword

Hi,

I found the following sword on us ebay.(item No. 65 262 371 48).
    Real japanese WWII Shin-Gunto Army sword.

I would like to purchase/bid for this sword.

Is it really a original sword

Looking forward to your replays.

Thank you

Michael

I don't think there is any problem with this one. From what I can see, it is a well-worn example of an NCO sword. (There are a few threads about these back at the beginning of the Japanese section-search for "nco sword"). Both the blade and the scabbard are serial numbered, and the seller states that they are matching. This is a good thing. Normally, the simulated handle wrapping is painted brown on a mint example, but as you can see, most of the paint is worn off the handle. Originally, these swords would have had a leather strap and tassle, but these are hard to find and quite expensive when you do find one. there are photos of this in the threads I mentioned before. An NCO sword in this condition used to go for a very reasonable sum in the pre-ebay days, but they seem to go pretty high these days. Good Luck!Doug Price

Comment

Doug has correctly identified the sword for you. As to price. as the condition is quite worn on this sword, I would think in the range of $250-$300. They are fairly common and if it were me, I would wait for one in better shape.

Bob

Comment

Hi Doug and Bob,

thank you for your very helpfull replay .

I bid on the item and hope to get it

Bye
        Michael

It is hard for a german e-bayer on the US-ebay site.
        Most of the original WW-2 military stuff is blocked for german ebayer's.
        You have to be lucky to find a unblocked item.
        Even WW-2 US purple hearts are not available for german ebayer's

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X