• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese dog tag. Translation please?

Can anyone identify unit please?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can only do the numbers; someone else will have to identify the unit.

六四一七 6471
    [] 六七 No. 67

Just guessing at the pink; looks like there are enough strokes un-rusted to hint at "ban/Number".

--Guy

Comment

6417 appears in the lists as a number without a unit next to it, 6418 and 6419 are also blank. It means they were issued to units but documentation as to who has been lost.

The closest number 鋭6416 is the 32nd Bridge Building Materials Company in Manchuria with the 1st Area Army. But that has no bearing on whatever unit it was or where it was stationed. The best clue would be where the tag was found.

Cheers!

Comment

I see 6417 listed as 63 L of C Hospital under 23 Army, Canton. Not sure what L of C stands for?

David.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryukyutunnelrat View Post
          I see 6417 listed as 63 L of C Hospital under 23 Army, Canton. Not sure what L of C stands for?

David.
          Thanks David!

I can help with that: L of C = Line of Communications also referred to as supply lines.

This is what I have for the 63rd Line of Communications Hospital, 杉7862 in Manila with the 41st Army. I checked my notes for the 23rd Army in Canton and see only the 136th, 160th, 180th and 200th Line of Communications Hospitals. It's possible the 63rd was shipped south from Canton and the code number changed but I can't say for sure.

Rod

Comment

Thank you all for the help!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

The guy said he thinks it was found on Okinawa but is not sure. Don’t think that would correlate with this unit though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X