Are The Silencers And String Japanese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are The Silencers And String Japanese

I picked these U.S. Army dog tags up and I have a feeling that the silencers were made from a gasmask and the string is from a helmet net. The rubber is a brownish green very brittle and has no cloth in it. The string looks like a faded green and to me looks like the string that goes around the bottom of a helmet net that you would see at the bottom inside edge of a helmet. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files

I agree about the string. You can see the original color inside the twist, which looks like the Japanese helmet net color. The string itself look like the correct gauge and twist.

PG-

Comment

Originally posted by Paul G View Post
      I agree about the string. You can see the original color inside the twist, which looks like the Japanese helmet net color. The string itself look like the correct gauge and twist.

PG-
      Thanks I had a gut feeling about it but the silencers are too tough to really figure out but they remind me of some that belonged to a 3rd Marine Division Vet that said he made his from Japanese equipment. Nevertheless these are a great set to add to the collection.

Comment

Here’s a couple more close ups.
        Attached Files

Comment

Have a set from a 101st vet, told me the 'silencers' were indeed cut from a gasmask hose. Common practice back then.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X