Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese Flyers Boots

Hello

Are these Japanese military boots or even flyer's boots? The soles seem to be made of some sort of layered compound.

The only marks I can find are the pin-hole stamps in the leather uppers.

They are cotton lined.

Comments most appreciated.

Many thanks
    Attached Files
    Collecting NSDAP collar tabs
    Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges
    Seeking Soldbuch or any information relating to Dr. Werner Zwingelberg

I know nothing about these, but the size marks would indicate two different sizes of boot, unless that is stating "Medium - 6" and not "medium - big".

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeP View Post
      I know nothing about these, but the size marks would indicate two different sizes of boot, unless that is stating "Medium - 6" and not "medium - big".

Tom
      Ha! never thought that those marks were the sizes. Thanks for your comment
      Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges

Comment

These are probably just officers boots - cavalry would typically has a projecting mount for spurs .

Imperial Army pilots boots have rubber sole section with small circular suction cup "like" features made to grip on wings and aluminum floors.
        Pilots and crew members could all be wearing them inside a fighter or a multi-engine aircraft

The rubber was originally very soft but usually hardenes with age on examples found today
        Attached Files
        Last edited by beretta1934; 01-01-2019, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Thanks beretta1934 for posting the picture.

So standard officer's boots then. That's great. They are not my area of collecting so need a new home.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X