Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IJN Wool Undershirt and Sleeping Mats

Hello everyone:
    Recently I bought a bunch of stuff from a veterans child and his dad had brought back several uniform items and some signal flags. About everything is gone now except one last wool under shirt and these sleeping mats that came with the stuff.

I thought I would post the shirt as a show and tell and I still marvel as to why a veteran would have kept such a thing. My question is about the mats-where these issued to Navy personnel or was it something made in theater by or for them?

Thanks in advance, Skip
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

佐志機二〇五三二
          Sa-Shi-Ki二〇五三二
          Sasebo Volunteer, Mechanic #20532

有吉康浩
          Ariyoshi Yasuhiro

Issued:
          昭和十七年十二月
          Showa 17, December

Size & Manufacture Date:
          (一) 一七年十月
          (1) 17th Year, October

Stores:
          呉軍需部 (白石)
          Kure Military Department (Shiraishi)
          Shiraishi was the inspector

--Guy

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Pickett View Post
            Hello everyone:
            Recently I bought a bunch of stuff from a veterans child and his dad had brought back several uniform items and some signal flags. About everything is gone now except one last wool under shirt and these sleeping mats that came with the stuff.

I thought I would post the shirt as a show and tell and I still marvel as to why a veteran would have kept such a thing. My question is about the mats-where these issued to Navy personnel or was it something made in theater by or for them?

Thanks in advance, Skip
            Skip - this goes under the IJN blue wool jumper you posted on Ebay - I recognize it. the gem was the jumper with the original insignia sewn unto it. I have one and they are few and far between.

I was surprised this shirt went so high in bidding but obviously it was to a deadbeat bidder.

It all (flag,uniforms,etc) might have been in a IJN footlocker and the vet just grabbed it all at the end??

Comment

Nope

No, that's not the same shirt you saw, it's the 2nd one the Vet brought home! The first one sold for $516 I think it was and the guy did not pay. Relisted it and sold it for $350.

Actually, I'm waiting on payment on this one now. I wish I had a few more.

Thanks,
              Skip

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Pickett View Post
                No, that's not the same shirt you saw, it's the 2nd one the Vet brought home! The first one sold for $516 I think it was and the guy did not pay. Relisted it and sold it for $350.

Actually, I'm waiting on payment on this one now. I wish I had a few more.

Thanks,
                Skip
                You did great on those!

Have a Merry Christmas

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X