A Dozen untouched Japanese Bayonets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Dozen untouched Japanese Bayonets

These bayonets came from the same old collection as the NCO sword I'm rehabbing. Have not been touched in 30 years or more. A few last ditch as you see. And there are about 25 more I couldn't afford to buy.
    Attached Files

Cool!

Tom

Comment

Would love to see some pictures of the individual bayonets when you get the chance - especially the ones in wood scabbards. Best in outdoor lighting if weather permits

Comment

I like them a lot. Could you please post close up pictures from the frog of the second when starting from the right please.

Comment

When time permits I will add some more photos Outside.

Comment

Here are three of the rarer ones in the group of 12. First "pole bayonet" I have owned. A Type 30 trainer, and another late one
            Attached Files

Comment

x
              Attached Files

Comment

Great photos! Nice clear details. I don't get excited about trainers but that one is nicely stamped. The pole bayonet is normally seen in the style of scabbard that your other Jinsen is in.

Looking forward to seeing the other items as you find the opportunity.

Do you have Raymond LaBars book on Japanese bayonets? If not, you should get it - none better and it will provide details about each of these that you will now enjoy even better

Thanks for doing this

Comment

Originally posted by beretta1934 View Post
                  Great photos! Nice clear details. I don't get excited about trainers but that one is nicely stamped. The pole bayonet is normally seen in the style of scabbard that your other Jinsen is in.

Looking forward to seeing the other items as you find the opportunity.

Do you have Raymond LaBars book on Japanese bayonets? If not, you should get it - none better and it will provide details about each of these that you will now enjoy even better

Thanks for doing this
                  Thanks I'm glad you enjoyed the photos. And yes I should acquire that book as there is still more coming out of this old collection.

Comment

More picked up today. The blade on the short sword is mint!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thats a artillery sword with a bayo frog.

Comment

Awesome. Thanks for the additional pictures and congratulations. Let me know if you don't keep everything.

Cheers,
                        Mat.

Comment

Originally posted by Staldion View Post
                          Awesome. Thanks for the additional pictures and congratulations. Let me know if you don't keep everything.

Cheers,
                          Mat.
                          I will let some go....PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by gunto View Post
                            Thats a artillery sword with a bayo frog.
                            There is a brass handled version of that Arty sword available. I would think it is quite rare??

Comment

Better pics.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X