Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese Navy Cap

Good day

I believe this to be an original Imperial Navy cap. It has a metal badge with a blue backing - looks like a kind of leather or leatherette. Is this significant? I have only seen caps with cloth badges. I can't see any markings on it.

It is supposed to have been brought back from Singapore by a veteran who guarded Japanese prisoners after the war.

Regards

James
    Attached Files
    Collecting NSDAP collar tabs
    Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges
    Seeking Soldbuch or any information relating to Dr. Werner Zwingelberg

Come more pics
    Attached Files
    Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges

Comment

Any stamps inside?

But I really dont like it , its a post-war put together.

Comment

Ah! that's interesting. The other things he brought back are spot on. I guess he added to them after the war.

No markings that I can see.

Is the badge OK?

Thanks for your comments

Comment

I have a cap similar (http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=navy+cap) to yours but with no vent holes and constructed differently. It also had at one time metal (anchor) type insignia on the front and shows no sign that a cloth insignia was sewn to the front. No stamping inside or it may have just worn off.
          Are there any holes under the leather base of the navy insignia that might shoe it had a cloth insignia sewn?

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyO View Post
            I have a cap similar (http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=navy+cap) to yours but with no vent holes and constructed differently. It also had at one time metal (anchor) type insignia on the front and shows no sign that a cloth insignia was sewn to the front. No stamping inside or it may have just worn off.
            Are there any holes under the leather base of the navy insignia that might shoe it had a cloth insignia sewn?
            Picture shows from the inside shows no sewing holes from a previous front side emblem. At best its a civilian type hat from some type of militarish style school.

But to me its more likely a total put together item

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X