Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A real name?

Hi,
    The first and last kanji look the same to me,so I doubt that this is a real name.
    Attached Files

They look quite different to me.

Regards,
    Stu

Comment

“Orientalese” probably copied actual kanji but got it wrong.
      Could be 大手 Ote, but I’m not familiar with that as a surname — it could be; there is a train stop near Roppongi called 大手町 Otemachi (Ote Town).
      The last kanji might origanially have been 光 mitsu/light.

Nonetheless, FAKE.

— Guy

Comment

Agreed Guy fake,but a good one.
        Cheers

Comment

OK, could be fake, but what is it?

I took it to be a a hand drawing of kanji from a sword tang that was being presented for possible translation.

Regards,
          Stu

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I'd say it's a fake. 3rd character doesn't look like a kanji at all. May be a kana but it's doesn't match any and Japanese names are normally written in kanji.

Comment

Originally posted by Nopegineer View Post
                I'd say it's a fake. 3rd character doesn't look like a kanji at all. May be a kana but it's doesn't match any and Japanese names are normally written in kanji.
                OK. Again I ask, a fake what?

Regards,
                Stu

Comment

Originally posted by Stu W View Post

Regards,
                  Stu
                  Maybe we can call it a fake language? These words are neither Japanese nor Chinese. They come from someone who never learned those languages.

This is like someone learned some of the alphabet, and put them together in random order.
                  Last edited by oldhonda; 11-11-2018, 01:39 AM.

Comment

I'd like to ask Franco to give us a little background knowledge on the writings. It's obvious that Franco copied them from something. What is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Stu W View Post

Regards,
                      Stu
                      I believe it to be a fake name.

Comment

Thank you for your replies. I appreciate them. They lead me to believe I’m not being clear so will try again. I see what appear to be crudely copied kanji like characters. If they have been read and copied incorrectly then we really don’t know that the item they are from is a fake. I’ll be the first to admit I don’t write with kanji but have learned that the absence or addition of a stroke here or there can make a significant difference in the meaning of the character. I agree that as presented they don’t make sense. I’m just not wanting to have the OP think that his item, perhaps a sword blade, is fake based upon what may be a misreading of the displayed characters.

Hopefully Franco will contribute more regarding the background on this matter.

Regards,
                        Stu

Comment

Hi,
                          This name is on the tang of a fake WW2 officers katana.This sword is huge and it
                          has one of those blades made with Damascus steel.I bought it at auction along with
                          a fake tachi with a similar blade because the price was so low it would have been
                          stupid to pass on them.Both have the same type of tangs with made up signatures.

Comment

Now we can conclude that the writings are made up nonsense. Any attempt to decipher them is an utter waste of time.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X