Interesting Japanes Shin-gunto sword with Capture ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldhonda View Post

This American could also be an OSS operative. The OSS worked mainly with the Chinese Nationalist guerilla groups, providing them with the training and weapons. Remember the MD-42 SMG?

Now, the Communist army wanted the weapons too. By the late 1944, there was talks about the American supplying the Communists with weapons and equipment directly. I'm sure Generalissimo Chiang Kai-shek was not happy about that idea.
    Thanks for the history lesson. Certainly a plausible explanation for a US Army LT. to be there in Jan, 1945.

Comment

Here is a great link I found RE: the OSS in China. It states that the OSS had a inclination to work with the CCP much to the disdain of the Nationalists.

http://www.computersmiths.com/china1...eWWIIChina.htm

Comment

For what it is worth the name WARBURTON comes up in a search of the OSS, National Archives. However I can't discern how to find actual records on him. It is complicated to say the least.

Comment

Nice sword.

I think it was SACO that worked very closely with the Nationalist guerrillas and was very close to Chiang. The OSS was not that close and some supported the CCP.

The CCP were using the US for its own goals anyways and never liked the US.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X