Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imperial Japanese Navy tank insignia

Hello everyone,
    I’m being offered this IJN tank insignia. I have seen them around, but would love to get more information about these. I have seen a photo of one which appears to be on a pre to early War tank. Are they very common? I have only seen two for sale, one of which is a beautiful piece currently offered by Dan Griffin. Any information would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks,
    Vic
    Attached Files

These were used on all manner of motorized vehicles. Is that patina or is it painted? They are around but seldom seen with vehicle paint. Usually just bare brass. This one also still has the mounting bracket intact.
    Last edited by Striking 9th; 08-24-2018, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the response, this particular emblem doesn’t have any paint on it, just a nice patina.

Comment

Yes these were used on all Navy vehicles/motorcycles. There are slight variations of them and all seem to be about the same size as yours. Here is my painted one that was mounted onto a thin vertical bracket at one time. Yours has the horizontal bracket which is missing most of the time.
        Attached Files

Comment

Wow, that is beautiful with the paint still on it. I an just starting to acquire IJN items for my collection, so this will be a nice addition. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Love that painted insignia David !!!

Comment

That's such a great piece David. Let's just face it....it's the gold standard of all vehicle anchors!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X