what is this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is this

hello guys .Came across this today and was wondering what it is .It is well made with no markings at all it has a locking clip as that of a german navy dagger.
    all views would be great.
    Regards Pete
    Attached Files

I first saw these on the market about 20 years ago billed as Japanese Police daggers. I do not know the age but I have never seen a Japanese dagger or sword from WWII with a leather grip. But I am no expert.

Comment

Japanese police dagger.

Comment

Originally posted by JimW View Post
        I first saw these on the market about 20 years ago billed as Japanese Police daggers. I do not know the age but I have never seen a Japanese dagger or sword from WWII with a leather grip. But I am no expert.
        That is a police sunburst symbol. I’m not a collector or expert, just basing my statement on the badge.

— Guy

Comment

Its a fake!

Comment

Originally posted by gunto View Post
            Its a fake!

Glad I qualified my statement!

--Guy

Comment

Gunto is correct. This particular Police Dagger is a fake. These fake daggers are characterized by the rising sun motif found on the backstrap and the distinctive leather grip. Some are around twenty years old now and do have a bit of age but are mostly found in new condition.

Comment

http://worlddaggers.com/reproductions/

Here is a link to the example on world daggers listed as reproduction.

Comment

Damn - put that in the poor lighting normally found at a gun or militaria show, dirty it up and I would have stopped and salivated over it. Note to self: All that glitters is not gold...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X