Information On A Japanese Belt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Information On A Japanese Belt!

I bought this belt online and it was advertised as a Japanese WW11 soldier's belt. It is made out of canvas and it has 14 holes in it. The buckle is large. I wanted to get you fellows opinion on it. Is it a WW11 Japanese belt? Have any of you seen this type of belt? What do you think this type of belt is worth? Your help with this matter will be appreciated!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 34thdivision; 08-03-2018, 03:09 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

It's WWII Japanese. It isn't a waist belt but rather some type of equipment strap.

Comment

Belt!

I received an email from a member and he said that it is a rubber belt. What is you opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by 34thdivision View Post
          I received an email from a member and he said that it is a rubber belt. What is you opinion?
          Well, yes, your mystery source is correct, it's a rubberized belt. However an engine fan belt is a "belt" too.

Was the pictured item intended for a soldier to wear around his waist? I don't see it. Why on earth does it have two keepers? Especially the one that would lay against the body?

It doesn't make any sense. I'm sticking to the equipment strap explanation.....

Comment

Looks to be an officer's pistol belt...missing it's ammo pouch..

Comment

Question.

Is this a Japanese cavalry belt?

Comment

I believe this is a Japanese WWII rubberized canvas equipment belt, such as would have been used as part of horse tack or securing items to a pack animal or otherwise. I do not believe this is a waist belt for the pistol rig etc. The additional keeper (as was stated), the "roller" buckle, width, and style point to this.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X