Japanese Navy Paratrooper Photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese Navy Paratrooper Photo

I recently found this in a German auction. I don't recall seeing this one before. Was just wondering if anyone had seen this image previously or if it has been published.
    Thanks.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

These are navy paratroopers. Very cool photo.

I dont think I have seen the photo before.

Comment

Totally new image for me! Great photo! Two observations, wish you could enlarge round rating rate on paratroopers & any idea what is mounted under aircraft wing? Are they drop cases or rocket boosters for launch assist?

Comment

Cool Photo. Haven't see this one. The round rating looks like the one below...Thoughts?
          Attached Files

Comment

I agree David! That was the rank I had in mind. Wonder if red on green? Looks more like red on black which is very interesting

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I appreciate it. Is that the carrying case for the sub machine gun that a couple guys have strapped to the front of them?

Comment

Could be a weapons case or auxiliary chute? Can't tell if they're all wearing one or not. Not close to my books but do I recall navy didn't use auxiliary chutes like army?

Comment

The rank insignia could be this as well. I believe this is the same insignia which is on my navy para portrait photo
                  Attached Files

Comment

Was thinking that the carrying case some of them have in front could be this.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Yes. That's photo of SMG case I know of. Snaps look same. Special note: look at that arm round rating !!

Comment

Originally posted by Jareth View Post
                        Special note: look at that arm round rating !!
                        Artist enhancement to be sure. I believe this original photo is in that MID booklet on Japanese airborne forces. I don't have access to it right now. Perhaps someone else can post it.

Comment

The last chap seems to have his knickers in a bunch.

Comment

And it looks like a helmet cover?!?!

Comment

Great pics!! Thanks for posting!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X