Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Franco View Post
    Hi,
    Dont panic everyone,its a late version of a tachi.Taisho.

Hello Franco,

I don't think anyone is panicking. We were however trying to reach you quickly with our thoughts so as to save you from spending hard earned money on what we all believe to be a piece with issues.

It would have been helpful if you had provided the additional information to begin with although unless I see more I'm not convinced it's a Taisho era piece either.

You state:

"Its been sold.Not a bad sword for what it is.No doubt it was made for export to Europe."

That too would surprise me as the early Taisho era (July 30, 1912, to December 25, 1926) was heavily influenced by Japan's involvement in WW1 and the build up toward WW2 did not take place till into the Showa era. In Taisho the production of military swords generally followed the European saber like design.

I'm not saying that a katana style blade such as you have referred to could not have been made in that era, just that I'd like to see more before accepting it as authentic to the period and of Japanese manufacture.

Regards,
    Stu

Comment

OP,

This is a fake sword. I need no further proof, because the name used on the tang revealed the utter lack of knowledge in the Japanese swordsmith names.

For the entertainment purpose, you're welcome to post additional pictures of the sword or swords.

P.S. I hate to think that you're actually the forger who's looking for ways to improve his "work". Well, next time, don't use such names.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X