CollectorsGuild

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BELT BUCKLE w/ KANJI for ID HELP PLEASE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BELT BUCKLE w/ KANJI for ID HELP PLEASE...

Hello folks. I picked up this strange metal buckle in a small lot of odds n ends..It is non-magnetic metal (gilded brass by all appearances), and has a central mounted cross bar w/ "fork" type tongue / keeper. There are four Kanji characters separately affixed at the top, bottom, left and right. The four corners are nicely turned inwards. It measures 3 inches long x 2 3/8 inches in height. I have utterly NO idea if this has any sort of military connotation, but it does have some real age and is quite unique from my experience at least. Can anyone assist in possibly translating the Kanji in order to help with the ID? Many thanks in advance for any help... A few snaps below.
    Attached Files

Not japanese military. Maybe civil China.

Comment

The kanji don't look like they were made by somebody familiar with kanji. But maybe so??? In any event, it is being advertised as a "model; example."

手本
      Tehon
      Example

手本 【てほん {tehon}】 (n) (1) copybook; (2) model; pattern

--Guy

Comment

A woman's fashion buckle from the late 20's through 30's. Kanji are just what some fashion designer thought looked nice. My mom wore stuff like this all the time.

Comment

I am thinking more along the lines of the Brotherhood of the Cruciform Sword....

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeP View Post
            I am thinking more along the lines of the Brotherhood of the Cruciform Sword....

Ara! Tom's having fun with us (^__^)

I had to look it up (cf: Indiana Jones).

--Guy
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X