IJN cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IJN cap

Hello everyone, how does this cap look? The seller says he cannot see any interior stamp, could be faded. Thanks for your help.

PG-
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

I like it.

Comment

Can't tell from photos if it's just a dirty white summer enlisted cap or a dyed green cap?

Comment

Saw this on Ebay and I think the hat is authentic it has two things. 1.) the chinstrap slider loop has a repair and 2.) The is no ink marked stamp inside or any sign of an cloth old label being removed.

The first issue is small if the threads don't glow. But in my opinion not having any IJN marking makes it a harder item to convince the "next buyer" its authentic. If i found this in a pile of militaria I wouldn't' hesitate to keep it - i am confident it is good. But if I put it up for sale later on others would hesitate - and that's exactly why it's' still on there.

So, up to you. yes, I vote "good" but consider why it's still not sold. just my way of looking at purchases for somewhat common items. green on green is not too common - but they do come around

Comment

Its a green enlisted cap. I took a chance on it with a return policy. It sold for reserve, so not too much. What is meant by green on green? Thank you everyone for your input!

PG-

Comment

I think it could be a white summer cap, which has been vegetable dyed green.

If it is, you may be able to tell by looking at the colour of the material under the chin strap sliders.

Regards

Russ

Comment

Originally posted by Paul G View Post
                Its a green enlisted cap. I took a chance on it with a return policy. It sold for reserve, so not too much. What is meant by green on green? Thank you everyone for your input!

PG-
                Green on Green just means a green emblem on a green cap. Thye can be made that way or someone may have took a white cap and dyed the whole thing green. if it were originally a white cap dyed green it would have had a sewn in label and you will find evidence of the label being removed.

There is a nice "white on green" cap for sale on ebay now too. When they stopped the white (for summer) and blue (for winter) uniform system - all new IJN caps were made in green cloth. But they still utilized the existing stock of emblems (like white oval, black anchor) and (black oval, yellow anchor) and put them on green caps till the supply was depleted.

Comment

I think you can see an outline of a cloth label inside the cap, but it could just be my eyesight...

Regards

Russ

Comment

I got cap cap yesterday. Its original. I cant tell if its been dyed green from white or started life green. Its darker green under the chinstraps and inside, as well as inside the sliders. I can see a stamp or where a label has been removed. It has a lot of wear and a lot of sun bleaching. It also has very faint Kanji marked on one side, on the outside, but its very faded and hard to see. Thanks for all of your input!

PG-

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X