Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complete dress uniform and accessories japanese officier WW2

Hello everyone !

I have a complete dress suit of Japanese officer of the 30/40 years in his storage box. (jacket, pantanlon, cap, plumet for cap, gloves, naval belt, shoulders pads, medal, strap for sword ...
    I would like to put this lot on sale and for that I would like some information.

These clothes are they omogene compared to the grade? Is it the same rank on the cap and the jacket?
    Do you have pictures that includes all the ranks of the Japanese army to help me identify them on the uniforms?
    Can we qualify this outfit for the parade?
    And how much would you estimate this lot?

I attach some photos, I can not put everything because I have a files of 70 photos.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

No one?

Comment

Originally posted by Remka View Post
      No one?
      It is not my area of expertise. Dunno if it is Taisho or early Showa. Looks like a 2LT cap, but the sleeve chevron does not match 2LT

The only source of this style uniform I have is too small to clearly see and compare. Too bad I did not make larger images of everything.

--Guy
      Attached Files

Comment

collar and sleeves. Maybe yours is for
        准士官

Jun Shikan
        Associate Officer
        Warrant Officer

The chevron on your coat looks thicker than that on the poster .... which is why I did not earlier venture a guess ... maybe a style change? Or maybe I'm wrong all together?
        Also, your cap does not have the wide lace along the bottom ... perhaps Warrant Officer?

Cheers,
        --Guy
        Attached Files

Comment

As indicated in various threads in this sub-forum, when these are inquired after, Japanese Dress uniforms are not very popular with collectors. I don't know why exactly except to say they do seem more European in design and not uniquely Japanese in character. I would really recommend looking at Ebay USA closed auctions for price ideas as that seems to be the venue one sees these traded the most.

Comment

Here is my warrant officer set (also have navy and diplomat). Yeah as zachb said, not many are interested in dress uniforms. Japan still has a bunch for sale and most are just broken up sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by hc8mm View Post
              Here is my warrant officer set (also have navy and diplomat). ...
              Lookin' good! Can you do the sabre manual-of-arms? A nice "Present Arms" pose would look cool!

Photos: old & new

--Guy
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks. I will see about it. I was mostly just a portrait pose.

Comment

Originally posted by hc8mm View Post
                  Thanks. I will see about it. I was mostly just a portrait pose.
                  Some USMC training materials for you!! When using a Japanese sword, never, NEVER, NEVER!!! slam the sword into the scabbard like we do with Western swords!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArB6EP3_218

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bob4qGGWQk

Cheers,
                  --Guy

Comment

Oh nice..thanks, it must take a lot of practice to get the moves right. Yeah I am really careful with my stuff

Comment

I know that people have different tastes, but in my opinion I do like the Japanese dress uniform. It looks quite smart. It annoying that I can’t find a Japanese uniform like that for a good price here in the uk. Went to a fair recently and just the hat alone costs £425. Anyways hc, liking the outfit, looks really good and you look like an actual officer.

I think the hat doesn’t matter too much with rank, I believe after the rank of captain I believe that the pattern on the top changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Britian_Jacky View Post
                        I think the hat doesn’t matter too much with rank, I believe after the rank of captain I believe that the pattern on the top changes.
                        Same hat body, but the lacing differs, just like the "french braids" on the sleeve differ. The hat braids differ, though, for the officer grade: Warrant; company grade; field grade; general officer grade.

Colors differ for branch.

Britain Jacky, every time I see these Meiji-style hats I'm reminded of the Northumberland Fusiliers!! Lived with a family in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne who were drummers in the TA pipeband.

--Guy
                        Attached Files

Comment

Heh nice!

I see, so the braids differ. Thanks!

Comment

Thank you all for your help !!! And thank for the documentation GHP !
                            So it would be the rank of warrant.

Best regards.

Comment

Originally posted by Remka View Post
                              Thank you all for your help !!! And thank for the documentation GHP !
                              So it would be the rank of warrant.

Best regards.

Remka,

You might enjoy reading these posts about the Emperor's uniforms which include the Taisho dress uniform (starting at post #8); unfortunately, the posts do not address everybody else's uniforms. But you can get some good info.
                              The Emperor’s New Clothes (The Evolution of the Emperor's Uniforms and Swords 1872-1947).

--Guy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X