ScapiniMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Japanese sword dealers, who do you recommend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese sword dealers, who do you recommend?

Looking to purchase my first Gunto, which dealers do you recommend?

There’s a similar post out there from 2004, however looking for an updated list of reputable dealers.

Thanks for your help.
    Ray

Ray,

I've bought two rare gunto from http://guntoartswords.com/swords.html. He sells quality stuff. You'll pay top-dollar, but it's worth it. He's not showing much on this page right now, but you can email him with your interest and he might be able to come up with what you want.

Comment

Post wanted ad.

Post your own ad in the right publication.

Comment

Thank you Bruce, I wasn’t aware of Doug’s site. And yes, he has some fine, higher end examples posted as reference and for sale.

I thought a list might be helpful not only for myself, but others who might be asking the same questions about Japanese Militaria dealers.

I’ve been collecting Third Reich for the past 25 years, and branching into an entirely new world.

Comment

Dan Griffin is a good source.

--Guy

Comment

Gunto swords are not that rare you can also find them on Ebay ..Showa22 or smallsword are some of the dealers,,,
            https://www.ebay.com/itm/Japanese-WW...sAAOSwVLRaZ9gV

Comment

Originally posted by Luis22 View Post
              Gunto swords are not that rare you can also find them on Ebay ..Showa22 or smallsword are some of the dealers,,,
              https://www.ebay.com/itm/Japanese-WW...sAAOSwVLRaZ9gV

Buyer beware with Showa22.

Regards,
              Stu

Comment

Originally posted by Stu W View Post
                Buyer beware with Showa22.

Regards,
                Stu
                Stu...I get conflicting feedback from Showa22, I believe he is good seller of shingunto swords possibly not a good seller for nihonto ...Shingunto are very common and he seems to have and endless supply ...

Comment

I think recommendation should be based on real experiences with that seller, or sellers. Not online search results.

Comment

Hi Ray,

if you come to the SOS this year I usually bring about 30 nice swords with me. You can then get a quick lesson and see the swords in person.

Bill Rannow
                    Mpls, MN

Comment

Originally posted by brannow View Post
                      Hi Ray,

if you come to the SOS this year I usually bring about 30 nice swords with me. You can then get a quick lesson and see the swords in person.

Bill Rannow
                      Mpls, MN

... and that is the best way to learn. You can read all the books and look at all the pictures but having something in hand is still the best way to really understand the sword.

Regards to you both,
                      Stu

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X