Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good ww2 Japanese naval hats?

Hello again,

I’m looking at the hats on this page and I wasn’t wondering if they were real and good. Price is because they are harder to get ere in the uk compared to the US and Canada.

http://www.jcmilitaria.com/search_st...chbox=Japanese

They are too expensive, IMO.

Comment

To answer your question it looks original. Which is a minimum considering the insane prices. They are not harder to get un UK IMHO. Everybody can buy them where it's cheaper thanks to internet.

The items worth the same evrywhere. Sometimes there are people willing to buy with a premium to avoid the risk of an international shipping. Or wealthy people not going in the trouble of looking around all over the net. But that's it.

I would take the risk and go international unless they offer something really unique. Not what I see so far.

210 pounds for an occupation flag. 265 pounds for 4 Japanese common medals. £75 for a boxed low rank badge of the Japan woman association. No way.

If it sells with such prices I will run my own website before Xmas. I am from the other side of the channel and I would sell 50% cheaper.

Cheers,
      Mat.

Comment

Ok, thank you guys for your opinion. I won’t buy them, I’ll find other ones.

Comment

Check this out mate :

http://griffinmilitaria.com/cgi-bin/...status=&title=

Comment

They are nice and all, but I have to pay for customs and all that unless it’s on some international packing option.

Comment

yes i know what you mean customs here in belgium are also really expensive. i buy everything directly from a good friend in japan. for the big peaces he come's 2x a year by me and the less expensive he send to me but last time i bought a nice picture album of nlf in shangai and just the customs cost was 90 euro.

Comment

Griffinmilitaria is a great site for buying and usually each item for sale has a fairly detailed description. I have bought items in the past from this dealer and am well satisfied.

Comment

I'm surprised that they haven't had to deactivat the blades.

Comment

You mean blunt the blades?

Comment

At least we can import swords without permits but not so for daggers, fighting knives, bayonets, etc. The sword can be sharp or blunt it does not matter to our customs. but just try and import a bayonet - it will be stopped and sized at the boarder and if you don't have an import permit you can say good by to your bayonet.
                      Merry Christmas to all on the Japanese Militaria Forum

Comment

Griffin's is around 50% cheaper than JC militaria. I think that if you take tour time you'll find a heck of a deal from the USA or Japan, even if you have to pay for custom.

From my experience, Japanese sellers don't have any problem to send item as gift. A wise choice of transporter could make you go through custom without being controlled. Parcel post is fine.

But I won't make you miss an item you like. It's your money and we all live in free countrys. I collect items because it makes me happy and and not for money. If it was the case I would rather collect gold !

Comment

Well if it’s too expensive I was going to leave it anyways. But the point I made was that it’s not as easy to get Japanese stuff in the uk. Compared to the us my point would be true, to others not so. I collect as a collector, I mean I work hard for my money anyways. I have no doubts about the authenticity of griffin militarias stuff. I’m just saying it would be more of a pain to get it into the uk.

Comment

Whatever they call it, sounds like a dirty word.

Originally posted by Britian_Jacky View Post
                            You mean blunt the blades?

Comment

Originally posted by Britian_Jacky View Post
                              Hello again,

I’m looking at the hats on this page and I wasn’t wondering if they were real and good. Price is because they are harder to get ere in the uk compared to the US and Canada.

http://www.jcmilitaria.com/search_st...chbox=Japanese
                              This dealer's prices are far too high, IMHO. I just acquired a nice officer's dress cap, including white cotton cover, on Ebay, for $ 203, plus modest shipping charges from Japan.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X