Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with a plate retrieved from a Japanese plane

Hello,
    My son was given this today by a friend. Any ideas on the type of aircraft?
    Thank you,
    Jody
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

May have been in a plane, but it was pried off of an aircraft engine toolbox. For the Kinsei Model 50 engine made by Mitsubishi. Several aircraft used the Kinsei engine.

Tom

Comment

This plate did not come off a plane. It was on the front of an aviation mechanics tool box/ set of drawers or carry case.

Comment

Plate

Hi guys,
          Thank You for the help. An interesting item.

Jody

Comment

Originally posted by Jody View Post
            Hi guys,
            Thank You for the help. An interesting item.

Jody

No offense but what's the most interesting thing to me is the total BS story somebody added on the back! As the old adage goes " How much is it without the story"!

I've had several of these and plates like these (but just in black ink) and 99% of the time people say they ARE off of an airplane. You can see why they might think that but the embellishment never ends

Comment

Japanese Plate

Originally posted by beretta1934 View Post
              No offense but what's the most interesting thing to me is the total BS story somebody added on the back! As the old adage goes " How much is it without the story"!

I've had several of these and plates like these (but just in black ink) and 99% of the time people say they ARE off of an airplane. You can see why they might think that but the embellishment never ends
              Hello,
              I always enjoy a reply that starts with-no offense, but in our case we still find the item interesting. In this case the individual a friend of the family, said it came from his uncle and he gave it to my son for his collection. So it didn’t cost us a penny. As the saying goes "I will not look a gift horse in the mouth".

Regards,
              Jody
              Last edited by Jody; 12-11-2017, 09:16 AM.

Comment

As it was a gift, always nice to receive, what is the problem? Good to find out exactly what it was from, intriguing that the story was added - by a Father to a Son long ago? I don't see anything nasty in that. Only sad that the reason for the story has been lost over time.

Comment

Japanese Tool Box Plate

Originally posted by Simon H View Post
                  As it was a gift, always nice to receive, what is the problem? Good to find out exactly what it was from, intriguing that the story was added - by a Father to a Son long ago? I don't see anything nasty in that. Only sad that the reason for the story has been lost over time.
                  Hi Simon,
                  All we know is that the man said his uncle was a US Marine in WWII. My son enjoys it and that is what counts.

Regards,
                  Jody

Comment

I could not agree more Jody.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X