Japanese headband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese headband

Though I find nothing overtly 'wrong' with this piece.... it is all cotton construction and has real age yellowing..... these are guilty until proven innocent to me. Any knowledge to add?
    Attached Files

Here you go:

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/japane...adband-595403/

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeP View Post
      Here you go:
      url]http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/japanese-militaria/man-behind-kamikaze-headband-595403/[/url]
      Tom
      Now that's interesting! Seemed ludicrous that it's 'real' Kamikazee but has the age. The article is confusing about one point, or maybe Im just tired! The first post says wartime for factory girls, later post says post war?

Comment

I believe the wartime factory example (same one you posted) is the specimen that Nick talks about initially. He later brings up another kind of headband that is strictly post war and is a souvenir sold in Japan. I have seen something like that latter example for sale myself when I lived in Japan. Usually around touristy places where lots of souvenir shops can be found.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Wartime Collectables View Post
          Now that's interesting! Seemed ludicrous that it's 'real' Kamikazee but has the age. The article is confusing about one point, or maybe Im just tired! The first post says wartime for factory girls, later post says post war?
          Yes, you may be tired. Nick's post is quite clear. Tom makes the distinction again in the previous post on this thread.

Anyway, if it is not clear yet, this is not a kamikaze headband.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeP View Post
            I believe the wartime factory example (same one you posted) is the specimen that Nick talks about initially. He later brings up another kind of headband that is strictly post war and is a souvenir sold in Japan. I have seen something like that latter example for sale myself when I lived in Japan. Usually around touristy places where lots of souvenir shops can be found.

Tom
            Thanks, yes rereading (after some sleep) LoL! So real wartime factory workers patriotic headband. Definitely not a Divine Wind pilots. Thanks again for posting the link to the thread!

Comment

Hello Andrew,

All of the "original" pilot-worn ones that I have seen over the years & when meeting IJN WW 2 vets were handmade, usually much longer in size, with various messages, etc.

The ones you usually "see" at shows/collections/etc. are the typical patriotic headbands as worn by civilian factory workers, etc.

Hope this helps.

Ron W.

Comment

Originally posted by kaigunfan View Post
                Hello Andrew,

All of the "original" pilot-worn ones that I have seen over the years & when meeting IJN WW 2 vets were handmade, usually much longer in size, with various messages, etc.

The ones you usually "see" at shows/collections/etc. are the typical patriotic headbands as worn by civilian factory workers, etc.

Hope this helps.

Ron W.
                It does. I've had some fine belts and flags but never a headband.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X