BD Publishing

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Type 99 Kiska? Primitive Salt Glazed Stoneware Hand Grenade - Last Ditch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Type 99 Kiska? Primitive Salt Glazed Stoneware Hand Grenade - Last Ditch?

This came from an advanced ordnance collection. It was stored among many hand grenades. I have seen bronze age grenades made out of stoneware, but all were a different form. This bears a striking similarity to the size and form of the Japanese Type 99 hand grenade/ but I am unaware of any having been made using this material. Does any one recognize this? Is anyone aware of ordnance being made with this material?

Thoughts and input appreciated, thanks.
    Attached Files

Images 3/4

X
    Attached Files

Comment

Ceramic trainer

Hello there.

Inert Japanese Ord is my main collecting passion Along with flags and headgear. These are late war civilian training grenades and they are often referred to as "Kiska style". There is no model or Type designation for these. They are actually fairly common in ordnance collecting circles. Most of these are unmarked but maker marked specimens exist. They are larger than the "Kiska" T99 rifle/hand grenades. They are not actually kiska trainers, they just resemble them to us collectors. They are solid ceramic and they were issued with metal pull pins with a string. Here's a picture of every ceramic training grenade I've ever owned. Lots of variation in ceramic grenades and some of them are pretty rare. I love this kind is stuff!

Jim
      JapaneseOrdnance at Yahoo.com

In the picture, top row all the way to the right.

Last edited by JCB; 11-18-2017, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X