Pilot graduation badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pilot graduation badge

Boxed and excellent with the mini and an odd lapel button. Looks right to me but no markings on the badge. Knowledgeable input greatly appreciated!
    Attached Files

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

Comment

Badge is cast replica with wrong clasp

Comment

Thanks! Box and mini's right? I sent pics to two folks I thought would know but neither could give any help. Appreciate the forum!

Comment

Box was made for the replica badge; therefore, it's a replica, too. The small piece is marked 'Hiroshima Youth Aviation Association.'

Comment

appreciate the further info. Anymore info anyone can share on the Hiroshima Youth Aviation Association?

Comment

Originally posted by Wartime Collectables View Post
              appreciate the further info. Anymore info anyone can share on the Hiroshima Youth Aviation Association?
              Youth Aviation schools were established by the J Army in 1933, with enrollment beginning the following year. Some of these schools (they were located in various cities) accepted children as young as 10 and trained them in various fields. The schools obviously ended in 1945.

Over the 11 year period, over 45,000 students were in these schools.

I suspect that your piece is a post-war item made for those who attended the schools and who joined Hiroshima's alumni group. The presence of 'kai 会' shows that it is not a school-issued badge, but rather an alumni piece.

Comment

Originally posted by imperialjapan View Post
                I suspect that your piece is a post-war item made for those who attended the schools and wsued badge, but rather an alumni piece.
                Fits right in with the badge

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X