Rising sun flag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rising sun flag

Hi all. Picked up this nice displayable rising sun flag on the estand and it arrived today. I've allways wanted one of these very iconic flags and I'm
    very happy with it. It displays well with other period Japanese WW2 items. It was a direct buy from the picker that got it directly from the veterans son. Hope you like it. Regards, Johnno.
    Attached Files

Pics

Pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Pics

Pics
      Attached Files

Comment

Pics

Pics
        Attached Files

Comment

Pics

Pics
          Attached Files

Comment

Flag

Nice display size. I put these inside a glass topped Wood display case at shows - lets people know immediately whats kind of things are in there!

As You probably know -its an Army flag.

Comment

Originally posted by beretta1934 View Post
              Nice display size. I put these inside a glass topped Wood display case at shows - lets people know immediately whats kind of things are in there!

As You probably know -its an Army flag.
              Thank you very much. I will display very nicely framed or in my display case. Johnno.

Comment

Thank you all. I appreciate the feedback. Johnno.

Comment

Hi,

Nice flag ! It's not an army issued flag, but a patriotic item everyone could buy. Quite a best seller as every single house of Japan has one of them in their front door back then.

Some of them have been used as Hinomaru Yosegaki. Some were indeed brought to the battlefield by their owners. But most stayed on Japan.

Still one of the best item for Japanese military display. Got one of them myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Staldion View Post
                    Hi,

Nice flag ! It's not an army issued flag, but a patriotic item everyone could buy. Quite a best seller as every single house of Japan has one of them in their front door back then.

Some of them have been used as Hinomaru Yosegaki. Some were indeed brought to the battlefield by their owners. But most stayed on Japan.

Still one of the best item for Japanese military display. Got one of them myself.
                    Thank you very much for that information. I did not know that at all. Very interesting indeed! Regards Johnno.

Comment

Hi,

You're very welcome, always a pleasure when I am able to help. I learned what I know from the best here and there. If you are interesting in Japanese flag and it's story you should check this excellent thread !

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/japane...rocade-647336/

Regards,
                      Mat.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X