sword stand advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sword stand advice

The SOS is coming up in a few short months, and I am hoping to change up the display at my table this year. I am thinking of showcasing my Japanese colonial/Manchukuo sword collection, but don't have the stands necessary to get it organized on the table. I am looking for a stand that can hold 6 d-guard dress style swords (think Japanese IJN dress sword style). Does anyone have ideas of where I could go, links, etc.? Maybe someplace with decent quality but on the cheaper side? Any info. would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Tom

Tom,

I have seen some nice acrylic sword stands. there is one for seven swords but not sure what you are willing to pay for stands. Link is below to show you an example.

https://therupturedduck.com/pages/display-stands

Best, David.

Comment

A board with pegs always works

Comment

A nice little DIY project. Acrylic sheets is cheap and easy to work with.

The finished ones to buy online is very expencive, IMO.

Comment

Thank you all for the info., I will need to think about these options.

Tom

Comment

Hey George,Here is an inexpensive option That would be hard to beat for the money
            Not the highest quality but works well! Do a search for "Bud K" If I remember right they were around $39.95

More money to buy relics with!
            Attached Files

Comment

I think this is a great option.

Tom - I'd bring a couple of C-clamps to hook it securely to the table. Wouldn't want one of this year's crashing sounds to come from your table Sir.

Originally posted by Geoff Ward View Post
              Hey George,Here is an inexpensive option That would be hard to beat for the money
              Not the highest quality but works well! Do a search for "Bud K" If I remember right they were around $39.95

More money to buy relics with!

Comment

Thanks, Geoff, I will look into that.

As to table accidents, good call on that, BL. I remember setting up at a small show in Denver a few years back where a really nice German fallschirm. helmet a few tables down decided to jump off its unsecured mannequin head. I can still hear the hollow ringing of that helmet hitting the unforgiving concrete floor.

Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X