INFO on JAPANESE canvas box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INFO on JAPANESE canvas box

Hello, I would like to have information on this object found in my grandfather's home. He served as admiral in the Italian Navy during 30's and WWII.
    After the war I carried home this box I think of the Japanese marina. Does anyone know what is written on it? I think it's a military feluca. But I'm not familiar with Japanese material / items.
    Thank you all for your cooperation.
    kind regards
    paul
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Well some one will come around and translate the kanji later but it is a box that holds the Shoulder Boards for the formal dress uniform. In this case for a Navy officer. They are large, gaudy, showy things.

Comment

I think that metal plate shows the name of the owner while that leather label shows the manufacture store name.
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by beretta1934 View Post
                Well some one will come around and translate the kanji later but it is a box that holds the Shoulder Boards for the formal dress uniform. In this case for a Navy officer. They are large, gaudy, showy things.

Named to
                杉浦秀男
                Sugiura Hideo

Sugiura is the surname.

--Guy

Comment

Guy

Collectors2000 is selling this item on the e-stand and calling it " Ww2 rare japanese admiral hat box." Am I missing something here?? Is it an Admirals hat or just an IJN dress hat box that could fit all ranks- maybe you communicated something to him about the marking translated specifically to an Admiral offline?

Doesn't the e-stand rules say that if an item has been a topic of a thread discussion it should reference that thread in the add?

FAQ's: " It is stated on the e-stand rules that if an item is posted for sale said item may be discussed, thus this is the proper course of action. A link to the discussion may be posted on the for sale thread at the discretion of the moderator."
                  Last edited by beretta1934; 10-27-2017, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Guy

Collectors2000 is selling this item on the e-stand and calling it " Ww2 rare japanese admiral hat box." Am I missing something here?? Is it an Admirals hat or just an IJN dress hat box that could fit all ranks- maybe you communicated something to him about the marking translated specifically to an Admiral offline?

Doesn't the e-stand rules say that if an item has been a topic of a thread discussion it should reference that thread in the add?

FAQ's: " It is stated on the e-stand rules that if an item is posted for sale said item may be discussed, thus this is the proper course of action. A link to the discussion may be posted on the for sale thread at the discretion of the moderator."
                    All I did was translate the name seen in the post above. I am OFFENDED by your statement and DEMAND a public apology immediately.

--Guy

Comment

?????? Guy, RELAX, what in the world could possibly offend you about this ???

It has nothing to do with you - its about the other guy listing something as belonging to an Admiral with no clear path as to how he got there? He says its "a family item" - maybe he shared something with you that he found in other things that supports his claim?? Sorry I asked. I asked a simple question to you - how did what I posted get to this odd path?? I don't want the item at all - its a friggin empty box!

Sorry, but it's about HIM and his honesty - Not yours??? He's asking $500 for a friggin empty BOX!!!

Comment

?????? Guy, RELAX, what in the world could possibly offend you about this ???

It has nothing to do with you - its about the other guy listing something as belonging to an Admiral with no clear path as to how he got there? He says its "a family item" - maybe he shared something with you that he found in other things that supports his claim?? Sorry I asked. I asked a simple question to you - how did what I posted get to this odd path?? I don't want the item at all - its a friggin empty box!

Sorry, but it's about HIM and his honesty - Not yours??? He's asking $500 for a friggin empty BOX!!!
                        Beretta1934, you should have addressed your misgivings to the seller, not me -- ESPECIALLY since he is the original poster. By directing your concerns publicly to me and asking if I sent an off-line message, you are implying I had a hand in that; at least, that is the inference I came to.

With that said, I will accept your apology and chalk up this incident as a miscommunication. Please be a bit more careful in your writings in the future.

Moderator, would you please remove these additional posts?

--Guy

Comment

As a third party observer here I saw this thread yesterday and did not interpret that Beretta1934 was impugning Guy's character at all (both of these members are good guys). I think this was a question to see if the e-stand seller had more information about the box (to give the seller an out so-to-speak).

I saw that for sale listing and shook my head also. I even checked Fuller and briefly the web to see if there was an admiral named Sugiura Hideo....no luck.

Due to collecting interests, I check the International e-stand several times a week. I actually think we should get better about policing some of the Japanese listings that are put on there because some things just aren't right.

If any newer collectors see a listing for Japanese material on the e-stand, have questions, and are reluctant to post in this section, please always feel free to pm me and I will be happy to help.

Comment

Thanks for your input!

Originally posted by zachb View Post
                            i think this was a question to see if the e-stand seller had more information about the box (to give the seller an out so-to-speak).
                            Exactly!

I , for one, have the highest respect for Guy and all the hard, excellent and valuable work he does for NO charge!

I will certainly double down my efforts to ensure I state things clearly or go to PM's when in doubt!

Sorry again Guy - no slight was intended at all

Sincerely

beretta1934
                            Last edited by beretta1934; 10-28-2017, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your input!
                              Exactly!

I , for one, have the highest respect for Guy and all the hard, excellent and valuable work he does for NO charge!

I will certainly double down my efforts to ensure I state things clearly or go to PM's when in doubt!

Sorry again Guy - no slight was intended at all

Sincerely

beretta1934
                              I apologize for my overreaction and misunderstanding.

--Guy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X