pics of Jap rifle with "mum"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pics of Jap rifle with "mum"

hi Guys. its Glenn. a bit ago I wrote to you about a rifle a Guy has that I know. you said I would need some pics for a better judgement. well, He brought it in and I looked it over and also got some pics of it. it looks to be the standard bolt action infantry rifle. it is crudely made which to me looks like a last ditch effort. He took it to a gunshop He does business with and they checked it out. they said it was never fired but in total working order. which coincides with His story of His Uncle taking it personally from a crate of unissued rifles during the near end of the war. it has a wooden buttplate. the only markings on it are on the chamber area. they are the numbers "1 1 1 3 1" with a small circular symbol to each side of the numbers. the "mum" is still present although it looks like it was "fingered" quite abit because the blueing seems to be gone in that area. it is in very nice shape being ofcourse as I already stated, crudely made. ofcourse I'm going by the looks of a K98. those are nice engineered rifles. so He was hoping to find out about what it would be worth. he is an avid hunter and says He will sell it if it seems like a nice price. I am personally not interested in it but figured maybe someone out there would be. if He does want to sell it then I would put it on the E stand (if that is legal). any information about this would be appreciated. thanks Guys, Glenn
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Type 99

Originally posted by Glenn Barbaritz
                Last ditch Type 99 Nagoya Arsenal 7.7 mm cal. Japanese rifle.. possibly 10 0r 12 series...With a ground mum.. The mums were ground off Japanese rifle as part of the surrender agrement at the end of WW2.. Intact mums were usually captured rifles and not surrender ones.. BILL
                Last edited by BILL GRIST; 03-15-2005, 07:13 PM. Reason: sp

Comment

thanks Bill for the info. any idea of the going rate. Glenn

Comment

vallue

Originally posted by Glenn Barbaritz
                    thanks Bill for the info. any idea of the going rate. Glenn
                    The ground mum hurts the vallue greately, much like a mismatched bolt on a 98k..As for the vallue I really cant say as I have not kept up with the prices of japanese rifles...BILL

Comment

Nice last ditch 7.7 caliber (substitute) type 99 rifle. Need a better photo of mark (symbol preceeding serial number) to determine which series Nagoya rifle. Less rifles produced in certain series are worth more. Full series was 99,999 run for each. 12th series are estimated to have a low production run of a thousand rifles. More important than mum is if rifle, especially bolt, is all matching by serial number. Wood looks original & unsanded or not over cleaned. I'd value it between $125. - $225. depending on series & if it's all matching.

Comment

Try this website:

http://www.gunboards.com/forums/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=42

All Japanese firearms.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X