Japanese helmet help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese helmet help

Hi everyone, I'm considering this Japanese helmet on auction online. My concern is that it appears way too clean and unused. Everything looks right, but I'd like the opinions of people more knowledgeable on the subject than I. Thanks very much for any input. Pictures on an online album at link below. -Alex

https://imgur.com/gallery/t5sVN

Looks fine to me!

Comment

I agree, A nice issued and named helmet that has barely been used.

PG-

Comment

Pictures added to make this thread of use in the future.

PG-
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I Know....

Yes, I'm bidding on this also. Bidding war fer' sure

Comment

All, Commoner

--Guy

Comment

Paul, thanks for attaching the pics. I'll be sure to include in the future vice a link.

Comment

Painted kanji is only thing strange. Helmet appears mint, unissued. Usually army helmets will have owners name on interior rim. Navy had numbers on interior dome.

Comment

Auction pulled. Congratulations to whomever convinced them to end the auction early. Sarcasm intended.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveG View Post
                        Auction pulled. Congratulations to whomever convinced them to end the auction early. Sarcasm intended.
                        Is it on Ebay?

Comment

Nope. An auction that everyone thinks no one else knows about but most everybody does but I won't say because then I'll be the "bad" guy. The auction turns up the occasional pearl but lacks the accountability of major auctions. For example, you can bid and not pay for it and not get penalized, punished or otherwise chastised, you can complain about something being "hate" related, have it ended and then out of the goodness of your heart contact them and offer to buy it, probably just like this Japanese helmet (which was listed as a Chinese helmet). Typically, anything that's good gets hobbled by a-hole bidder/collectors. But I'm not bitter.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveG View Post
                            Nope. An auction that everyone thinks no one else knows about but most everybody does but I won't say because then I'll be the "bad" guy. The auction turns up the occasional pearl but lacks the accountability of major auctions. For example, you can bid and not pay for it and not get penalized, punished or otherwise chastised, you can complain about something being "hate" related, have it ended and then out of the goodness of your heart contact them and offer to buy it, probably just like this Japanese helmet (which was listed as a Chinese helmet). Typically, anything that's good gets hobbled by a-hole bidder/collectors. But I'm not bitter.
                            Sounds just like the good ole days of Ebay But now I am am seriously interested to know which auction, please PM me. Thanks
                            PG-

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X