Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sword storage/best way to display ??

Hello forum..

I have a bunch of swords... and just don't know how to display them? I essentially put them in a corner, and stack them against each other.

Daggers are easier to display. Just put a nail in the wall.

I have about 30 samurai swords including those short ones that I can never spell or say correctly.

When I get a sword... I never take them apart... since I don't care what they say or not. I have seen so many damaged swords from people taking them apart to see what if anything is on the tang.

Thanks Robert

FYI

the only thing not real is the MP40. That's one of those 68 MCG movie prop guns.

If you look in one photo, you will see a named Civil War Generals sword... with a photo of the General wearing it.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Robert I have a same problem, look at the top left corner. But I got lot of my swords on walls, but I am running out of the space. And this is only 2 walls the rest look same.
          Attached Files

Comment

awesome collection!

my wall space is mostly taken by my helmet collection.

Robert
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

This is the most valuable thing to me.

she showed up by my front door four years ago.

no wife/no kids
                Attached Files

Comment

Sword display

Makes me cringe when I see em all jammed up that way! I bought a second hand television display hutch at garage sale, closed up the hole in back with fresh cedar and then installed one of my gun show rifle racks inside for a quick easy display that preserves the swords. If I find another "keeper" Ill remove the rack and install wooden dowels at an angle on each side and rack them up that way. Looking for an original battle flag with all the kanji and art for the background but this makes me happy for now. I would get some clove oil and wipe down each of your blades lightly prior to storage,

Comment

Display

Iphone photos show upside down half the time, even when oriented correctly in stored photos,,,weird,,,,so I edit it to be correct and it still shows upside down.

Comment

35mm

Okay heres old school 35mm my personal favorite!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Jeepers fellers .... send some of them to me and I'll relieve you of all responsibility.

In the meantime, perhaps something like this for $40:

From
                        Swords Direct

Or, if you're handy with woodworking tools, you can make one; or, buy one and use it for a template to make as many as required.

Cheers,
                        --Guy

Comment

Nice wall gun!

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by GHP View Post
                            Jeepers fellers .... send some of them to me and I'll relieve you of all responsibility.

In the meantime, perhaps something like this for $40:

From
                            Swords Direct

Or, if you're handy with woodworking tools, you can make one; or, buy one and use it for a template to make as many as required.

Cheers,
                            --Guy
                            My main problem is space, I will post later a picture of Japanese swords they are on the wall or on the stand

Comment

Yes, it's a problem with space when you collect swords! here are a few of mine.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X