Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japnanese peaked caps help please

Hi guy's,

When it comes to Japanese militaria, it's yet another passion and money drainer which my wife Jo resents. I'm clueless on the uniforms, hats, webbing etc and would like to learn a bit more.

I'm happy to purchase any books or research reference sites if any one has any ideas on these at all concerning Japanese field gear and uniforms and medals (plus cloth)

I've been looking on e bay here in the UK and oversea's (thats a first for me as in the TR remit I've mostly dealt with dealers), it seems the USA is the place and the genuine 'Jap' article is common over there as adversely fake German awards are here in the UK

I bought two caps for a very very cheap price !!! They are the officer (or are they NCO...is there a difference ?) The trouble is they look like they've been in the 'wars' ......all post war , moth eaten and faded and out of shape.

The caps are the type on the header of this forum, and that one is a lovely example !!

I read some where on this forum, there are many fakes evident, and indeed Civil caps purporting to be army etc Now I've payed for them I see loads of them on the internet and at Mannion's too !!!! All in better condition than mine.

I have the e bay pic's on file of my not arrived yet caps, but I'm unable to resize them.......purely because 'I can't', I'm just not conversed with this bloody computer lark and I can't ask Jo because shes not aware I purchased these two caps....we're saving

Could anyone help me please on posting them on the forum, in the correct format for me.

My e mail is marcushatton@yahoo.co.uk

Kr

Marcus

Marcus,

You can e-mail me the photos at doodyel@aol.com and I will try to resize them and post them on the forum for you.

Eric

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X