Gen. Watari/29 Independent Brigade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gen. Watari/29 Independent Brigade

Any data available on Maj. Gen. Sakon Watari and the 29th Independent Mixed Brigade?

Jesse,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I wasn't able to find anything on Maj. Gen. Sakon Watari, but here is what I found out on the 29th Independent Mixed Brigade...

The 29th Independent Mixed Brigade (IMB) was supported by the Kyoto Depot in Kyoto Japan. The 29th IMB was activated in the fall of 1943 in Thailand using the 6th Field Replacement Unit and elements of the 21st Infantry Division to form it core units.

Upon activation, the 29th IMB had a Table of Organization Strength of 5,580 men and was comprised of the following:

29th IMB Headquarters

158th Independent Infantry Battalion
    159th Independent Infantry Battalion
    160th Independent Infantry Battalion
    161st Independent Infantry Battalion
    162nd Independent Infantry Battalion

Note: There were 930 men in each Independent Infantry Battalion.

29th IMB Artillery Unit (12 Mortars, 16 70 mm Infantry Guns, & 4 75 mm Mountain Guns)
    29th IMB Engineer Unit
    29th IMB Signal Unit

Source of this information came from The Japanese Order of Battle in World War II Volume II by John L. Underwood Jr. and published by The Nafziger Collection, Inc.

Hope this helps.

Eric

Comment

Thank-you, Eric

Thanks, Eric. That was helpful.

Originally posted by Eric Doody
      Jesse,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I wasn't able to find anything on Maj. Gen. Sakon Watari, but here is what I found out on the 29th Independent Mixed Brigade...

The 29th Independent Mixed Brigade (IMB) was supported by the Kyoto Depot in Kyoto Japan. The 29th IMB was activated in the fall of 1943 in Thailand using the 6th Field Replacement Unit and elements of the 21st Infantry Division to form it core units.

Upon activation, the 29th IMB had a Table of Organization Strength of 5,580 men and was comprised of the following:

29th IMB Headquarters

158th Independent Infantry Battalion
      159th Independent Infantry Battalion
      160th Independent Infantry Battalion
      161st Independent Infantry Battalion
      162nd Independent Infantry Battalion

Note: There were 930 men in each Independent Infantry Battalion.

29th IMB Artillery Unit (12 Mortars, 16 70 mm Infantry Guns, & 4 75 mm Mountain Guns)
      29th IMB Engineer Unit
      29th IMB Signal Unit

Source of this information came from The Japanese Order of Battle in World War II Volume II by John L. Underwood Jr. and published by The Nafziger Collection, Inc.

Hope this helps.

Eric

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X