Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese rifle

hi Guys,
    Did post this in the firearms forum but got no hits,i bought some WW2 German items off a guy in New York,he also had 3 rifles one of them being WW2 Japanese..
    Well with me obviously in the UK I can't buy them but I said I would try and help him out as he really has no clue what to do with them..
    I'll post a couple of pics of the rifle ,maybe some comments on manufacture type etc would be appreciated.
    Anyone who is really interested drop me a PM with your email and i'll put you in touch..
    Thanks
    Bob
    Attached Files

It appears to be a type 99 rifle, and if you can get some shots of the top receiver and left side of receiver we can tell who made it and what year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bcarver View Post
      It appears to be a type 99 rifle, and if you can get some shots of the top receiver and left side of receiver we can tell who made it and what year.
      Many thanks i'll ask him

Cheers

Bob

Comment

Here we go
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello
          All I can say is that it is a Type 99 Arisaka, but sadly the chrysanthemum has been ground
          Regards
          Francois

Comment

Originally posted by Gw43 View Post
            Hello
            All I can say is that it is a Type 99 Arisaka, but sadly the chrysanthemum has been ground
            Regards
            Francois
            Yeah I noticed that when he sent me the pictures,thanks anyway

Bob

Comment

It is a 7th series T99 out of Nagoya Arsenal

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeP View Post
                It is a 7th series T99 out of Nagoya Arsenal

Tom
                Thanks Tom,
                Any idea on price and where to sell it

Cheers

Bob

Comment

Sorry, wish I could help with price and where to sell. Don't want to send you on a wild goose chase, but you might want to ask these things over at Gunboards.com in the Japanese firearms sub forum. Lots of people who can give further information concerning your questions.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeP View Post
                    Sorry, wish I could help with price and where to sell. Don't want to send you on a wild goose chase, but you might want to ask these things over at Gunboards.com in the Japanese firearms sub forum. Lots of people who can give further information concerning your questions.

Tom
                    OK Tom many thanks

Bob

Comment

The chrysanthemum was at least partially ground off on rifles which were surrendered after the war, apparently as a face-saving gesture. Rifles captured in the field, however, normally have the chrysanthemum symbol intact.

so it appears this one was "surrendered"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X