Dog tag attached to bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dog tag attached to bag

I picked this up this morning and thought I would share it. I am assuming that the bag is a comfort bag that was given to military personnel before shipping out and I know nothing about the tag other than the letter on the back of the tag is a possible blood type. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files

The back.
    Attached Files

Comment

Code on the tag, 6671, belongs most likely to the 93rd Transport Regiment, 93rd Division. This Division was formed in 1944 and located in Chiba Prefecture, Japan until war's end. 0 on back is most likely blood type.

The seller you bought this from has some nice stuff. I believe he lived in Japan for a time and culled flea markets, etc. while there. He has a smoking naval aviator's grouping with some ultra rare log books. Wish I could take the plunge, but alas.

Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom and I did run across another tag to the 93rd with the 6664 and it gave me a feeling that they were associated which doesn't bother me one bit since I don't have anything from this area. And you are very correct about the helmets. What he's got makes me think twice about what I am collecting.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X