eBay now banning all Japanese Good Luck Flags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eBay now banning all Japanese Good Luck Flags

Not sure when it started, but I just had numerous listings removed, as the eBay police said they no longer want people selling Good Luck Flags. Out of respect for the families, as they are concluding that every good luck flag is from a fallen Japanese solider.

Well....what about all the items given for good luck that are from US Soldiers? Russian?

Good grief....

Ebay is far left PC.....

Comment

These are people with way too much time on their hands and very thin skins.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilhelm View Post
        These are people with way too much time on their hands and very thin skins.
        Very true, Wilhelm! This seems to be the case for the majority of our society these days. If not an outright numerical majority, then they certainly more than make up for it by their volume and influence.

Comment

yeah...

They told me they will not allow Good Luck flags, because they "do not want people making money from items that are from the families of fallen soldiers"...

Really?

Meanwhile relic German helmets from all over Kurland and other battlefield are sold by the hundreds...as with US items...

Looks like they be deleting 90% of all the WW2 items that are being sold...

Sounds pretty Hippocritical to me

Comment

"Out of respect for the families" of Japanese soldiers (not German) probably has a lot to do with the fact that they're headquartered in San Jose, CA. (Very significant Asian-American and Japanese-American population)- Of whom some may even be eBay employees. So I'm not surprised about this announcement in the least. And I still want a good luck flag...(

Comment

Ridiculous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would wait and see what actually happens. I see Japanese dealers happily selling these, and they don't seem to have an issue with them.

Comment

Ebay now banning......

My answer to the post on #8 would be, "For now...."

MikeB

Comment

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=hinomaru

This has to be the result of some group lobbying for this. People that work at Ebay don't know anything about anything other than Starbucks coffee and nose rings. How can we find out and how can we counter lobby is the question?

Comment

Perhaps it's not all bad as more might now be offered on our Estand.

Regards,
                      Stu

Comment

...and I have said this in numerous posting around the WAF. Ebay does not have the time, resources, personnel, or a sophisticated enough logarithm to catch all the nuances in descriptions of things that are banned, e.g., swastikas, ivory, knuckle knives, used underwear, etc.

1. The reason listings are taken down is that they are reported!
                        2. These various listing are reported mostly by the person who contacts you after the auction wanting the item at a cheap price.
                        3. That person more than likely bid on the item so that it can be seen after the auction is cancelled and to give them the ability to contact you.
                        4. One of several ways to stop this is to ban that party from bidding on your auctions in the future and to report the fact that you were contacted to buy the item after it was canceled.
                        5. Even though sellers can not leave negative feedback for buyers, certain actions (like a bidder or potential bidder getting banned and reported) can effect a person's ability to freely bid on Ebay!
                        Last edited by zachb; 01-08-2017, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu W View Post
                          Perhaps it's not all bad as more might now be offered on our Estand.

Regards,
                          Stu
                          Stu, the problem for me is this is happening all over the place (snowflake virtue signaling). Other people deciding whats right for everyone else. This is a small thing but things start out like this and then end up as law.

Comment

Originally posted by zachb View Post
                            Stu, the problem for me is this is happening all over the place (snowflake virtue signaling). Other people deciding whats right for everyone else. This is a small thing but things start out like this and then end up as law.
                            I'm not a fan of PC, just looking for a possible up side.

Regards,
                            Stu

Comment

Originally posted by zachb View Post
                              ...and I have said this in numerous posting around the WAF. Ebay does not have the time, resources, personnel, or a sophisticated enough logarithm to catch all the nuances in descriptions of things that are banned, e.g., swastikas, ivory, knuckle knives, used underwear, etc.

1. The reason listings are taken down is that they are reported!
                              2. These various listing are reported mostly by the person who contacts you after the auction wanting the item at a cheap price.
                              3. That person more than likely bid on the item so that it can be seen after the auction is cancelled and to give them the ability to contact you.
                              4. One of several ways to stop this is to ban that party from bidding on your auctions in the future and to report the fact that you were contacted to buy the item after it was canceled.
                              5. Even though sellers can not leave negative feedback for buyers, certain actions (like a bidder or potential bidder getting banned and reported) can effect a person's ability to freely bid on Ebay!
                              All of the above are good points. But it is impossible to ever know who reported the items, and, as for point #5, ebay never negatively affects buyers unless the offense is stunningly egregious--and sometimes not even then. I think sellers' competitors, too, report items to cull the field, so to speak.

Also, ebay has no email support. You have to call them, which discourages most people from doing so. Really astounding that a 'tech' company in the 21st century has no email support. It was eliminated because of too many hassles.

Another thing: ebay has bots that cancel auctions. I mean, 'ivory' can refer to a color as well as a material, and I have had auctions cancelled because I wrote something like 'This is NOT the swastika used by Germany. It is a Buddhist symbol.' Cancelled for spreading hate, they said.
                              Last edited by imperialjapan; 01-08-2017, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X