MedalsMilitary

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are there so many mint Japanese tunics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are there so many mint Japanese tunics?

Hey guys. Been in the market for a Japanese tunic lately, but I'm noticing that there are a TON of mint unissued tunics around, especially being sold out of Japan. What gives? Was there a warehouse uncovered after the war or something?

Originally posted by FloridaLancer View Post
    Was there a warehouse uncovered after the war or something?

Pretty much. I think there is a term in Japan for such items, something to the effect of "dead stock"

Tom

Comment

I was just talking with a friend about this the other day. I think it's due to the nature if the pacific war. With so many Japanese cargo ships being sunk, there was no way to get supplies to the troops, so materials just sat in warehouses until after the war.

Comment

It's frustrating. It's hard to find a good used Japanese tunic. Harder than German tunics by far in my experience.

Comment

Someone once told me that contractors were obligated to complete orders even if model/type was discontinued. Yes Japan is still full of unissued, mint, dead stock tunics. It took me a few decades to acquire just a precious few named, issued tunics with period applied rank tabs!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X