Deluxe Japanese Officers Cap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deluxe Japanese Officers Cap?

A man came into the show today with a sack full of caps and the dreaded champagne rune ss helmet. Many bad repro German side caps, a few authentic American and British navy,,,and this very nice Japanese officers cap with the owners name hand stitched inside. Would love to know the guys name!
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

渡辺
      Watanabe

Comment

Cap

Thank you!

Comment

I don't like attachment stitches on insignia

Comment

Cap

Only two stitches show as if to tuck down a loose thread, the rest are practically invisible

Comment

Well I see quite a few white stitches especially along bottom edge of insignia y chinstrap

Comment

Originally posted by Jareth View Post
                Well I see quite a few white stitches especially along bottom edge of insignia y chinstrap
                That's what I see as well ... I counted at least 13 stitches???

--Guy

Comment

Cap

I put my glasses on, (Im old 56 yesterday) and yes I see the stitches which look to be hand done, but are similar in nature to one on Collectors Guild. Who knows at this point.

http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Japan...s/J003273.html

Wonder if upgraded by who knows or could wear and tear or moths expose the stitches?

Comment

The star looks like it was cut out with a rim of the backing clothe and the on the "civil" cap patch.

Have You tryed black light on the stitches?

Comment

I turned 56 in May so welcome to the club. I prefer stitching style from Collectors Guild. Having an embroidered owners name on interior is certainly correct for an officer style field cap.

Comment

Everything about the cap looks like officer quality especially with the name tag. Perhaps the insignia was missing and a replacement has been added? The white stitches across the bottom look recent because they are bright, but the rest don't.

Regards

Russ

Comment

Cap

Absolulely no glow from entire cap. Thanks guys,

Comment

Cap

Wasnt that the name of the war criminal "The Bird" from Zamperini's Unbroken book?

Comment

Originally posted by gunto View Post
                              The star looks like it was cut out with a rim of the backing clothe and the on the "civil" cap patch.
                              I agree with that... a star patch on a patch backing...but I like the officers quality of the cap...way above what you would expect from a civilian cap quality!
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by NickG; 11-08-2016, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X